The Great Annual Miniature Garden Contest, 2015
It’s time to announce the start of the Annual Miniature Garden Contest. We switched it around last year and are hosting it now, so dig through your photos and enter today!
But why-o-why did you move it, Janit? We usually started the contest in August, when everyone was enjoying the lazy, hazy days of summer and ended it in November when everyone was up to their eyeballs in their to-do lists for the Holidays. So we decided to center it around the month of LOVE – February! When everyone could actually use a dose of summer – well, except for our fellow MGs down-under in Australia, maybe we’ll get some entries from them too!
Here are all the details, how to enter, what you’ll win and the schedule. Note that we have outside judges for the contest as Steve and I are now friends with many of you, it was hard to be objective. Here are our delightful judges:
Tammy Zielinski of Fairy Garden Havens based out of southern Wisconsin and specializes in fairy garden parties and workshops for all ages. Tammy has an online store with everything fairy too, check it out here. Find her on Facebook here.
Lori Burkheimer of Enchanted Garden Art by Scrapwood Studio and is based in western Washington. You can find Lori at one of the many art and garden shows in the area or at her online Etsy shop here. Follow her on Facebook here.
Here are the details on this year’s Great Annual Miniature Garden Contest:
Contest Deadline: Friday, April 17th, 2015, 12pm PST
FIVE CATEGORIES TO ENTER
1. Best of Show Miniature Garden
2. Best Miniature Garden in a Container
3. Best Miniature Garden In-Ground
4. Best Miniature Fairy Garden
5. Best International Miniature Garden
*We must have a minimum of five (5) different entries per category from five different miniature gardeners.
PRIZES FOR THE BEST AND PERKS FOR ENTERING
Best of Show Award: Best in Show Prize: $75 Shopping Spree*!
$35 In-Store credit* for each winner:
– Best Miniature Garden in a Container
– Best Miniature Garden in Ground
– Best Miniature Fairy Garden
International entries are separated because of the entry requirements (see below.) International prizes are to be decided as we are unable to guarantee safe delivery to some areas.
*Contest Prizes do not include shipping costs.
Prize / store credits must be used all at once.
All participants get one coupon for each for 20% off our online Miniature Garden Center store at http://www.TwoGreenThumbs.com/, good until May 31st, 2015. No exceptions. (Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.)
The winning miniature gardeners will be highlighted in May’s Mini Garden Gazette, our monthly newsletter. Blogged about here on the Mini Garden Guru blog and generally be the center of much merriment and hoopla in and around all our social media channels.
HOW TO ENTER
1. All entries must have at least 3 plants, accessories and/or patio materials purchased from the sponsor, Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center. Entries from outside the US and Canada are exempt. Here’s a direct link to our store: http://www.shop.TwoGreenThumbs.com/
2. Make a miniature garden if you haven’t already. ;o)
3. Take a photo of your miniature garden.
4. Post the photo below on this Two Green Thumbs Facebook CONTEST EVENT PAGE
5, Title the photo: “Contest entry for Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center” and tell us WHAT CATEGORY you are entering.
Here’s how to post your entry:
– Click into the Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Facebook Contest event page.
– Click the Photo/Video link above the comment box to upload your photo.
– Find the photo on your computer and click/select it to upload.
– Type in the caption, “Contest entry for Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center” AND the category!
– If you have any questions or apprehensions about doing this, give me a call or email and we can walk through it together. (I’m Janit at 206-352-0494)
6. Post the photo on YOUR OWN FACEBOOK PAGE TOO, and title the photo: “Contest entry for Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center” and tag our page! This will be verified.
7. Join our email list if you haven’t already at: http://www.TwoGreenThumbs.com/ Signups will be verified.
1. There must be at least 3 items, plants and/or accessories PURCHASED from our sponsor Two Green Thumbs’ Miniature Garden Center’s online store. All entries will be verified. Entries from outside the US and Canada are exempt.
2. You must join our email list here: http://www.TwoGreenThumbs.com/
3. Your miniature garden contest entry must be a living miniature garden. No artificial plants allowed.
4. Plants must be horticulturally correct. “Right plant, right place” and right pairing/matching within the garden will be part of the judging criteria. No temporary arrangements will be accepted.
5. Your miniature garden can be any size or any scale.
7. Post your entry on this event wall by clicking into the event and following the steps listed above.
8. Only one discount code per participant will be issued.
9. All entrants will receive their 20% discount coupon on Saturday May 2nd via Facebook. Please look for the post that day to message us – we are not able to message you directly, valid through May 31, 2015.
10. Contest ends at 12 noon, Pacific Time, Friday, April 17th, 2015.
11. Winner will be announced on May 1st, 2015, on the Facebook page, in the Mini Garden Gazette and will be notified by email.
12. The category winners are not eligible for the entrant discount.
13. Shipping costs are not included in any of the discounts, offers or gift certificates offered here.
14. Winning and entry discounts cannot be combined with any other offer.
15. Be sure to state which category you are entering. Any photo that includes fairies will be automatically entered into the Miniature Fairy Garden Category.
16. We must have a minimum of five (5) different entries per category.
Questions? Did we miss something?
Leave your question below for all to see!
Thank you for joining us!