Miniature Garden Open Studios: “It’s like Disneyland.”
I have been paid a lot of compliments during this adventure that I started over 12 years ago. I appear to have a natural talent for miniature gardening. And I do enjoy inspiring everybody that looks twice at my miniature gardens and I have been blamed numerous times for this new addiction…
But a pair of fellow miniature gardeners visited us the other month for one of our Open Studios. One of them had been to our studio before, but the other had not. It was the first time he saw what his partner saw, and it was he who stopped and said, “It’s like Disneyland.”
It is too much fun to be able to share what I do. People can’t help but smile and giggle at the tiny worlds of possibilities.
Which is why we have an Open Studio the first Saturday of every month.
What is an Open Studio?
- Where you can find your true miniature and dwarf trees and shrubs.
- You can get help designing your miniature garden.
- Collect ideas from our gallery of over 2 dozen miniature gardens.
- You can see hundreds of miniature garden accessories and patio materials all in one place.
- Meet Janit who has been studying all aspects of this trend, full time, for over 12 years.
- Pick Janit’s brain.
- Meet Steve who has mastered the customizing accessories and installing in-ground miniature gardens.
- Pick Steve’s brain. ;o)
- Learn about our Miniature Garden Intensive Class.
- Visit our in-ground fairy garden that is growing monthly, learn about what plants grow where.
- Experience random acts of silliness and frivolity.
We are like a “full-sized” garden center – but everything is miniature. Really.
We do not have a retail location. We are about 15 minutes from downtown Seattle.
Updated, 10/11: The Open Houses have been cancelled. We were attracting the wrong clientele.