The Great Annual Miniature Garden Contest, 2013
Well it is time folks! Time to announce the start of the Annual Miniature Garden Contest! We decided to drag our feet a little bit this year and begin the contest later than unusual to (a) not conflict with all the book launch hoopla and (b) give everyone a fair chance at it because some areas had some really crummy summer weather this year.
So dust off that idea that you have for your latest miniature garden, grab a pot and start getting that garden out of your head today. (Fellow miniature gardeners will understand that last sentence. ;o) You have until November 30th this year, that’s three months to get something together if you haven’t got anything up your sleeve already. See the previous contest winners linked at the end of this blog. See the Facebook Event page here.
Aaaand we’ve added to the “Best of Show Prize” this year! We are tickled to offer a Custom Miniature Garden Kit, a $125 value that includes shipping, tailored just for the winner! Whatever theme you want, whatever plants you like – and if you need help choosing the right plants we are here to help. We’ll roll out more of the details on this wonderful opportunity next week so you can see the possibilities. If you are outside the States and win Best of Show, we will work out a slightly different Custom Kit because we are not able to send plants out of the country safely.
But wait. There’s more. ;o)
Note the new category for Best Fairy Garden. There is some overlap between the two hobbies but they are different. Simply put: Miniature gardening is based on realism. Fairy gardening is based on fairies. Here’s a blog with more about the difference between the two types of gardening small.
SIX CATEGORIES TO ENTER
1. Best of Show Miniature Garden
2. Best Miniature Garden in a Container
3. Best Miniature Garden In-Ground
4. Best Themed Miniature Garden – NEW! Create any type of special occasion or holiday theme!
5. Best Fairy Garden – NEW!
6. People’s Choice Award via Facebook
*We must have a minimum of five (5) different entries from five different miniature gardeners, per category.
PRIZES FOR THE BEST AND PERKS FOR ENTERING
- Best of Show Award:
A Custom Miniature Garden Kit – $125 SHOPPING SPREE! (International winning prize will be customized for international shipping.) Shipping not included. See the prize list here.
- All participants get one coupon each for 25% off our online Miniature Garden Center store at http://www.TwoGreenThumbs.com, good until December 31st, 2013. (Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.)
The winning miniature gardeners will be highlighted in December’s Mini Garden Gazette, our monthly newsletter. Blogged about in The Mini Garden Guru blog and generally be the center of much merriment and hoopla in and around all our social media channels. And, of course, you’ll win prizes too!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Make a miniature garden. ;o)
2. Take a photo of your miniature garden. Here are some tips on photographing tiny worlds.
3. Post the photo on the Two Green Thumbs Facebook CONTEST EVENT PAGE
4, Title the photo: “Contest entry for Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center” and tell us WHAT CATEGORY you are entering.
- Click into the Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Facebook Contest event page.
- Click the Photo/Video link above the comment box to upload your photo.
- Find the photo on your computer and click/select it to upload.
- Type in the caption, “Contest entry for Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center” AND the CATEGORY!
- If you have any questions or apprehensions about doing this, give me a call or email and we can walk through it together. (I’m Janit at 206-352-0494)
4. Post the photo on YOUR OWN FACEBOOK PAGE TOO, and title the photo: “Contest entry for Two Green Thumbs Miniature Garden Center” and tag our page too!
1. There must be at least 3 items, plants and/or accessories PURCHASED from Two Green Thumbs’ Miniature Garden Center’s online store used in the miniature garden submission. All entries will be verified.
2. Join our email list here: http://www.TwoGreenThumbs.com/join.html
3. Your miniature garden contest entry must be a living miniature garden. No artificial plants allowed.
4. Your miniature garden can be any size or any scale.
5. You can post in as many categories as you want, one photo per category only. You can only win once.
6. Post your entry on this event wall by clicking into the event and following the steps listed above.
7. Only one discount code per participant will be issued.
8. All entrants will receive their 25% discount coupon on Saturday November 30th via email, valid through December 31, 2013.
9. Contest ends at 12 noon, Pacific Time, Saturday, November 30th, 2013.
10. Winner will be announced on Saturday, November 30th on the Facebook page and will be notified by email.
11. The category winners are not eligible for the entrant discount.
12. Shipping costs are not included in any of the discounts, offers or gift certificates offered here EXCEPT the Best of Show prize.
13. Winning and entry discounts cannot be combined with any other offer.
14. Be sure to note which category you are entering. Any photo that includes fairies will be automatically entered into the Fairy Garden Category.
15. We must have a minimum of five (5) different entries per category.
OUR PREVIOUS WINNERS
Like this? Then you’ll love our Mini Garden Gazette Newsletter! You need to join to win too and you can do that right here: Join us.